Thursday, 27 March 2008

pitsycule2001

Well well well, what did I do this morning?

I ate a WHOLE Easter egg, yes a whole Easter egg. It made me feel sick and then I was late for work, oh clever Katie, trying to loose 6 pounds a month and eating a whole Easter egg.

Here's the science bit....
So, to loose 6 pounds in a week I would have to burn 21000 kcal! I naturally burn 15400 kcal a week which means I then have to burn an extra 5600 kcal, not including food that I will be eating. Hmmmmm, so I will actually need to burn around 15000 kcal in one week or 2150 in a day.

Is this possible? That would mean 18 sessions of 45 minute cardio workouts. Which would mean 1 hr 50 mins at the gym everyday of cardio. Can I do it?

Well lets see, if I walk to and from work everyday, that burns 266 kcal. That just leaves 1884 to go! 636 kcal for 45 mins of spinning, totalling at 902. Which leaves 1218 to go, so 30 minutes on a cross trainer, gives me 1,378 k cal burnt, and then I have 778 to go. I could walk uphill for about 45 mins or carry on the cross trainer, or do running for 50 minutes and then I would be done. So lets just look over that.

Walking, 60 mins (outside the gym, easy peasy)

Spinning, 45 mins (in a class, also easy peasy)
Cross Trainer, 30 mins (not so hard)
Running Machine. around 50 mins (oh my god!)

TOTAL in gym = 2 hrs 5 mins. It could be worth it.

But lets half it, and try to loose 3 lbs next week! Wooo. I'm really going for it now. Yes I am.

That would mean

Walking, 60 mins (outside the gym, easy peasy)

Spinning, 45 mins (in a class, also easy peasy)
Cross Trainer, 15 mins (easy)
Running Machine. around 25 mins (could be worse)

Don't forget this is everyday. That means no other life. I must sleep, eat, wash, think, love gym.

Now, is there a spinning class everyday,

Mon - Y - 19.35 - do other cardio before hand
Tues - Y - 7.15 - do other workout in the evening
Wed - Y - 18.30 - do other cardio before hand
Thur - Y - 7.00 - do other workout in the evening
Fri - Y - 18.00 - do workout afterwards
Sat - Y - 9.45 or 10.45 - do workout before hand
Sun - Y - 10.30 or 11.15 - I could do both at the same time and other workout afterwards.

Can I do it?

I'm not sure.

x

No comments: