Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Time Flies

Now it's time for a quick review of what has been going on here....

Valentines day, Richard and Sam came over and we cooked a delicious roast chicken will all the trimmings.

We went to London Aquarium in Southbank - it was packed full of kids, but I had an amazing time pressing my face so close to the glass I got snot on it. I touched a star fish, it was all hard, not at all what I had expected. All its little feelers were out, and they felt like little hard feelers, not like jelly, which was totally what I expected.

In the evening we went to Enak Enak, which serves Indonesian food, in Battersea. The restaurant is run and owned by Nancy Lam, the food was very good, but the service (although good) needs improving.

So now its 12 March and rather a lot has been going on, I've been diagnosed (three weeks ago) with Gallstones, which were originally causing my sleepless nights, which then turned into very painful sleepless nights, a night with fever and a doctors appointment, from where I was then sent to A&E for having a temperature of 37.8. To be completely honest, the Dr I saw wasn't very helpful, and dismissed any other options to surgery, and promised to send me a letter arranging a ultrasound so they could take a look at my gallstones.

Three weeks down the line, no letter received, I called St Georges NHS Trust to be told that no appointment had been made for me. How I just love Dr's and hospitals.

So the only thing I can do is sit tight (and of course harass the doctors for an appointment) eat extremely low fat foods to avoid pain, along with a general healthier diet - otherwise I face waking at 2 AM in the morning with severe stomach pains and retching.

Things could be a lot worse - so I am trying to look on the bright side. "Always look on the bright side of life, de boommm, de boom, de boom, de boom." Maybe I will be size 0 by the time I get an operation.











No comments: