Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Nearly May

Its a beautiful sunny morning, yay! My boss is currently "stuck" in Bermuda (I can think of worse places to be stuck) which means I have a slightly less hectic couple of days at work, things are looking up!

I am trying to get some hobbies to do in my spare time, I can't really decide which instrument to play - I really want to try drums, but think that when it came to the "one, two, three, four" part I'd probably sound so quiet they might think I was never going to start....or there's playing the guitar, I've got one so I could try and learn from home, but I'm not sure how well that would go either, but maybe if I learn both I could then start a one women band as I obviously plan to do singing lessons first.

I think what I'll do it, collect my guitar(s) from my mum's house, book one drumming lesson and one singing lesson and then decide...good plan, yes, good plan.

I think I'd like to some other hobbies I found this list which is helpful - and cheap. Overview of list:

  1. Playing Music
  2. Writing
  3. Reading
  4. Knitting and Crocheting
  5. Astronomy
  6. Photography
  7. Walking, Hiking and Running
  8. Painting and Drawing
  9. Meditation and Yoga
  10. Baking and Cooking
I am currently writing - hopefully I will update this blog more often. Oh! And I forgot to mention I have started writing an autobiography about my life, although I have been stumped because of dates etc - which I need to speak to my mum about. I think I'll go round to my mums on the weekend, get my guitar and also ask her some questions.

Reading - my friend Sarah recently lent me a book, which I have been reading, I shall take it to work today, so I can read it in Hyde Park during my lunch break and then on the way home, and maybe in the gym.

Talking about knitting, my friend Leon showed me an amazing knitting website the other day which was inspiring - http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/04/18/the-beauty-of-knitting, I could look at this and get some inspiration for knitting etc.

I signed up to do a Legal PA Diploma which started last Saturday, but my first class will be this coming Saturday from 2 - 6. Not bad, I've got 5 lessons like that, an exam and then 3 months to fit in two law modules of my choice, I think I will choose business law and criminal law, although I know it would be smarter to choose property law, but I think I would enjoy criminal law a bit more...I can always study extra modules later.

As my general goal is to work helping to save the environment; advising businesses and individuals about how to do so and the changing laws and legislations I thought getting some experience in law role/office would be beneficial.


No comments: