Starting in Panama on the 5 March, I have a small apartment booked for a month so I can work on the Panama Amphibian Rescue and Conservation Project for the whole duration...four weeks with cute lovely froggies!! I love frogs!! And I even have a t-shirt that I got for Christmas that says so!! Budget for this; around $1000.
Then my plan is to go to the San Blas Islands for a week, or maybe two, depending on, how much I like it or how much I get bored, budget: $400.
I have been told to visit Colombia after this (although I am not too sure, I will) to see the Lost City and to visit Cartagena..so I suppose 2 weeks in Colombia too....I might need to book a flight from Panama to Colombia. Budget: N/A yet.
From Colombia I will go on to Ecuador and stay with a local family for 4 weeks to improve my Spanish, and then to the Galapagos Islands on a volunteer program for 4 weeks (!!!!!) with Latin America volunteers. Budget: $1350
From Ecuador onto Peru, I have the Inca trail booked for the 20th June (or there about...) and nothing much more planned after that...I want to climb a mountain whilst I'm there. So I suppose I need to start thinking about what I'll do after Peru and whilst I am in Peru.
To do for SA trip by 12 Jan:
- Buy travel insurance.
- Look at flights from Panama to Colombia (or alternative routes).
- Look at Ecuador to Galapagos Islands flights.
- Make a list and start buying bits I need for traveling.
- Email Tati and tell her I'm going to be coming to Brazil.
I've joined fit for a princess again....just until I go away so I have some exercise to do...I suppose I'll start again when I feel better...Saturday or Monday according to other peoples experiences.
My new years resolutions:
- Stop smoking (it makes my teeth yellow, smells and is expensive).
- Exercise everyday; do cycling, walking and fit for a princess!
- Eat healthier than I have been recently (less than 5% fat ad 5% sugar, juicing in the mornings too).
- Live everyday as a happy day and try not to dwell on the past or future....