Sunday, 26 June 2011

I watched recently, and some things I like.

I've been trying to watch good films recently, so I can learn more about writing and cinematography.

I've watched four good films this week, my favourite "Wristcutters: A Love Story" I liked the characters. It was set in a strange place (after-death world) and had a refreshing non-dramatic flow and convincing acting, no $4 million explosions or anything, although definitely not low budget. It also left me with a warm feeling.

My second favourite film, which very easily contends for first place too is "The Jacket" a gripping thriller....I don't think I can say too much about the film without giving it away, you should watch it and see for yourself.

"Taxi Driver" is obviously a classic film, but I got round to seeing for the first time in my life this week, who knew a psycho could be so sexy? Lol, no, seriously. A interesting story which works out differently to expected and I think portrays mental illness well.

Last but not least was "Silver Bullet" which is an okay watch, but not in my top 10, probably not my top 20 either, but, seeing as I love thrillers and Stephen King books I won't rule it out completely, it would also be a good film for people who like comedy horrors or low budget horror movies.

This is a really cool photo, and this (The Sugar Island) is a really cool blog.

2 comments:

kathleen said...

Katie, did you see Stephen King's Dreamcatcher? That was a fun film. I sent it to Hoss, but I don't think he liked it. You could get it from him.

Katie M R Pitts said...

hey, I don't think I have seen it. I will ask him! Thanks