Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Wed

Last night I cooked smoked mackerel and sweet potato fish cakes, ate them with grated courgettes stir fried with garlic. I added chili, omitted paprika and put salt and pepper in my version of the fishcakes and also rolled them in flour before cooking them in the oven. Next time I think I will add some herbs to them and probably use olive oil instead of butter or a mix when cooking.

I also made a red velvet chocolate cake....it is totally scrumptious (I made two mini cupcakes to I could try it without ruining the cake!) the texture is amazing as well as the depth of flavor, I have popped it in the freezer so I can use it for my birthday cake on Sunday, I'll get it out on Saturday night and ice it on Sunday. The icing from this recipe comes out runny, so I suggest using this recipe instead.

Hopefully tonight I will finally get to see the last Harry Potter, and today I need to tidy up the mess I made when I made the cake...(luckily my Mum is away).

No comments: