Friday, 26 August 2011

Good Morning

Today's Thought:

When it comes to my feelings about the past, I might have found comfort in telling myself that I did the best I could at the time. Knowing this probably helped me get through some tough times and deal with my feelings of guilt.

Today, when I find myself feeling guilty about something I've done, I can still remind myself that I'm doing the best I can. With all my knowledge, growth, healing, and willingness, I will still make mistakes. I'm not perfect, nor do I strive to be. I'm doing the best I can do, day by day.

Today I will remind myself of this anytime I feel bad about something I've said or done.

from Time to Fly Free by Judith R Smith

---------------------

In the past I have beat myself up so much about little mistakes I have made in work (and I really do mean the tiniest mistakes), and some other bigger mistakes like talking down to someone because I reacted instantly instead of thinking before I replied.

It can be hard to let go, but it is way healthier than holding on and picking on yourself, I remember doing it to the extent where I could think of nothing else and in a sense it ruined my day.  Life is about living, mishaps can be learnt from and then forgotten about!

------------------

Success rate on yesterdays tasks: embrace work - finished, frog video work - not done, as the videos don't seem to have been uploaded properly, but I managed to set up final cut pro in preparation! I completely forgot about doing the hoovering, tided up my room and instead of the gym I cycled to and from Kings Cross.  Not bad, not bad.

Patten cutting is in its very beginning stages, we have identified the fabric we are using and how much we need and have drawn a idea.  Now we need to make a mini patten and mock up, then a real size mock up and then the real thing. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue!

For lunch yesterday I made a tasty lentil soup, oh yes and I also made some bread, which I am going to have with boiled eggs for breakfast this morning.

With regards to my other to dos, I have been learning how to use adobe illustrator using free tutorials here, and have decided that I want to have a drupal or word press website, does anyone know of any other good blog servers? Ideally I would like drupal as then I will learn how to use it and have better search engine options...

To do today:
  • Research/make Embrace leaflet for next weekends event.
  • Write up charitable project idea.
  • Put a wash in.
  • Get organic chicken and some noodles for dinner (I am making chicken noodle soup).
  • Post Aaron's ebay sells on his behalf :)
  • Go to the gym!!
  • I would like to try and use the screen printing kit and do some more origami, but I will have to see how the day pans out.

Some photos I took of my beautiful godchildren:









I love this song, it reminds me of driving in a car with my dad and being extremely happy, love you dad x

2 comments:

kathleen said...

I remember Phil, fondly. He was always nice to me. :)

Katie M R Pitts said...

:)