Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Portrait of Me.

Thought of the day

When you finish a task, do you respond with "what next?"

If you throw yourself into the next task on your list, you'll most likely drive yourself to exhaustion and reduce the quality of productivity because to-do lists are unlimited.  There's always more to do and more that can be done.

"What's next" can be a quick (5 min) rejuvenating break.  Breaking up your tasks with the occasional short break will prevent exhaustion from taking hold.


From Inner Space daily email.

---------------

It's interesting that I got this email today as I have been feeling a bit run down, I think I got a cold, and I had been thinking about fitting in a lot more me time this week.  This morning I emailed the London Wildlife Trust and said I wouldn't be going on site this week and am trying to arrange to help them with some admin work from next week. 

Unfortunately I tend to feel guilty for having me time; in fact in the past I think I have felt so guilty about me time that I skipped it out all together.  I know now that without this time I am not able to be my best, so it really is better to set some time aside so I and everybody else gets the best of me.

I have filled in my diary and I'm not going to make any more meetings or appointments this week; ideally I would love some time to do more crafts, reading and preparing for the weeks ahead of studying and creating an office space.

--------------

Much to my delight, I managed to get nearly all my to do list done yesterday!  I even applied for 3 jobs, and have found what I think is a good template to work from for a cover letter - fingers crossed that I will get some responses today.

The origami I did worked well, I tried to fold four butterflies, but got a bit stuck on the last one which I will try again today.  I started the weeks plan for dinners and food shopping, but ran out of inspiration half way through, although I woke up with some good ideas.

What I cooked last night; roasted tenderloin Pork with roasted sweet potatoes (cooked in apple juice, garlic and dried rosemary on gas mark 3 for just under 2 hours after browning on the stove) on a salad of finely chopped iceberg lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, spring onions and apple with a balsamic, soy sauce, chili, honey and lemon dressing.  A picture:






Today; Tuesday 23 August

What I would like to achieve today:

  • Go to the gym.
  • Weigh myself and update my DIY weightwatchers.
  • Try acetate origami.
  • Edit origami making videos. 


Plus, what I would like to do over this week:

  • Research/idea map changing my blog to another server with a new design.
  • Read.
  • Make a dry mix for bread to use as a bread mix.
  • Apply for 3 more jobs (6 in total this week).
  • Acetate flowers using the felt flower tutorials.
  • Use fabric printer. 
  • Update my google reading; whittle down the information I am subscribed to and try to read on a regular basis. 
  • Have this weeks and next weeks leaflets ready for Embrace.
  • Attend the Embrace events.
  • Type up charitable/not for profit project ideas.

I came across Yowayowa on Honestly WTF - her photos are AMAZING, seriously, you need to look at them - done without photoshop or props to hold her up!

My friend Helen, did a portrait of me yesterday - it is beautiful, thanks Helen!




No comments: