Saturday, 27 August 2011

Wizard

Thought for today:


Whoever is happy will make others happy, too.
--Anne Frank


Anne Frank had good reason to be unhappy, full of fear, and deeply discouraged. Years of her life were spent in a small apartment hiding from the Nazis who wanted to destroy her and her family.

Yet even in this little hiding place she had happiness. It was something she had inside which did not depend on what happened around her. She had riches of the heart. She had faith that kept her going. She had love and concern for her family and others, which made even a restricted life very rich with feelings. It is tempting to believe that we will be happy when we have something outside ourselves, which will make us happy. But happiness is not something we have to find outside; the seeds are in our hearts already.

What happiness can I find in my latest setback?


from Today's Gift by Anon

----------------

A good quote, Anne Frank was one of the first 'grown up' books I read, which my dad got for me, I really enjoyed it.

I definitely believe that happiness is in the soul, it takes hope and faith to be happy and also to remember that even when you are down, the feeling will pass.

----------------

Yesterday was not such a good day for me! I had a good morning, although I was feeling a bit tired (I think it was the sugar I ate before I went to bed) I started my day well, put a wash in, posted the ebay packages, did some rubbings of tiles for my mum and tidied up my room.

After that I felt very down and didn't have the drive to do anything!  It was probably a mixture of feeling tired and then starting to think about the past so much that I was becoming obsessed and really trying to beat myself and put blame on to others. I tried hard not to give in to the sinking feeling, so I had a nap. BAH BAH BAH, anyhow, now I am feeling much better!

What happiness can I find in that set back, I feel like saying, none.  I suppose that I got to research a bit about my under eye dark patches and some homeopathic remedies too.

We got pizza delivery with buffalo mozzarella (I was really sick last time I ate cows cheese) and watched Wizards up to number 6, which I think is great.

To do today:
  • Get some strong omega 3, primrose oil and probiotics (to help my under eye darkness, and as I have to eat a low fat diet due to gallstones I think essential fats are missing).
  • Look at the underwear on sale in debenhams.
  • Get some new earphones. 
  • Go to the gym.
  • Go to the embrace bramble bashing day, which is 1 - 4.
  • Hoover.
  • Dust room.
  • Call back Kate.
I have already sent some emails to friends I made whilst I was away.

No comments: