Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Choose day

Thought of the day

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing.  Action always generates inspiration.  Inspiration seldom generates action.  ~ Frank Tibolt


I feel although the past two weeks or so I have been talking and thinking about doing things so much that sometimes I feel wornout, from thinking that I have done so much, when actually I've just been thinking about it - does that make sense? 

Today, I would like to get on with all the small tasks that need to be done, as another saying goes something along the lines of get the small things done and the big ones will look after themselves (I know, it's not right, but the exact quote doesn't come to mind).

--------------

Small things that need doing:

  • Washing.
  • Tidy room.
  • Collect broken hard drive.
  • Post hats/all saints gear; print labels, do up boxes and take to post office.
  • Get personal trainer to sign my gym thing (so I can get £50!).
  • Buy cartridges for printer (remember to get student discount).
  • Wash kitchen floor. 
  • Use disk utility to try and fix mac-book problems.

I had a fantastic time at the photography course yesterday, I really like the teacher and I feel like I learned a lot in the first lesson, which is hopefully a sign of the classes to come.  My homework is to do some long exposure shots, and these are really inspiring! Also I saw an add for Taekwon-Do on Thursday evenings at college, which I might go along to.

Unfortunately it seems although I am coming down with another cold, so I will not be working out at the gym today, taking loads of vitamin C, echinacea, resting (which means some reading and writing in bed!) and I am going to make myself a tasty chicken and pasta soup for lunch whilst the pizza dough for tonight's home made pizzas is proving. We're having the pizza's with the cheese and vegetables we got from the farmers market, which I am very much looking forward too.

Today I am also going to start my small book of to-do list items, which will have various titles and things, and hopefully I will stick to it, not necessarily because I want to be in control and regimented all the time, but because when I think of something to do or a great idea I often forget it....so a to do list to carry around would be helpful.

No comments: