Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Getting on with things

Thought of the day:


Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking.  There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.  ~ J.C. Watts

-------------
Whilst I was falling asleep last night I was thinking about integrity, and how this can change over a lifetime, my moral integrity when I was younger in terms of being loyal to family and friends was very high, when I was abusing alcohol and drugs it became cloudy and I think it is now again coming back - but I would like to find a balance, as it is easy to uphold high moral integrity for yourself, and then when others don't conform with your ideas to feel angry or let down, although can this be expected of people who aren't you or don't agree with your values?

Integrity was on my mind as I have been trying to study over the last three days and have found ways around it, even after I produced a timetable that looked good!  It had 18 hours of self study, which I suppose I don't need in the first couple of weeks, but I thought it would be good to get as much reading as possible in, so I am going to do a bit more research about effective reading today.

-------------

I haven't done much from Mondays to do list, I did email some friends back, did the weeks shopping/meal plan and bought some flour to make bread with so I will go and do that before I start reading/researching for  sociology.  This afternoon I will do some research for psychology, cook dinner and go to the gym.  I might try and fit in getting to Kings Road so I can go to the community vegetable market; info here.

Something that is really important for today is to email Aaron's accountant and get the packages ready to send...I need to find some boxes!
We finally moved the Mac G4 to my office and I have been cleaning it up to make it faster etc, and it seems to be working much better, so I am pleased about that, because it means I can start downloading my music and films I lost when my last hard drive broke. By the way I am already doing a back-up now.

I came across some interesting documentaries when I was away traveling, one of them : The World According to Monsato that you can watch here.  I have come across several documentaries like this over the last 5 years or so and wish I could remember the names of them!  Hopefully they will come back to me.    

Oh! I almost forgot to say that I have joined the No Impact Project (go on, join too!) which helps to teach us about our carbon footprint through rubbish, car use, etc etc, it's very inspiring and has some good points and  ideas. 

No comments: