Monday, 5 September 2011

Monday

Thought for today:

Change of scene has no effect upon unconscious conflicts.
--Edmund Bergler, M.D.

There's no running away from the internal strife. Whatever haunts us must finally be confronted and resolved if we're ever to grow and thus contribute to our world its due. When we keep secrets locked away, the secrets begin to keep us locked away as well.

It is folly, and yet entirely human, to think a new location, a new job, a new lover will cure whatever troubles us. The truth is, however, that whatever trips us up is at the same time trying to edge us forward to new awareness, and thus the next level of growth. Our troubles are tools for a strengthened foundation. Without them, we'd soon crumble.

When we consider the conflicts we encounter as opportunities for further development, they excite us rather than provoke anxiety. Changing our perspective can make the same scene appear quite new.

from Hazeldon

-----------------

I often wonder what brings others to conclusions that they make, which I think are negative, but I suppose it depends what they have been through in life and recently that can affect their thoughts.   I suppose I will try harder to not judge and get to know my friends better (change my perspective).

Basically what they are saying is don't run away from your problems, they will only catch up with you, and if you can talk to someone. 

-----------------

I had two days off blogging! Part of me feels fine about it and the other part of me feels a bit guilty, but that's only because I didn't get any of my tasks done....but really I have nothing to feel bad about, we had a lovely weekend in Oxford, cycling, eating, cooking, watching films, chatting and relaxing!

So basically my to do list will be the same as Friday's:

  • Set up office space (I managed to buy the stationary I needed for this).
  • Enrol in college (this will have to be on Thursday).
  • Design a logo for new blog.
  • Think of project ideas to do with Hope and Lauren.
  • Make the frog video (or get a start on it).
  • Finish luggage project!
  • Continue pattern making with Esther.
  • Go to the gym!
  • Make this weeks food plan.

Other things that need to go on my to do list for general future (in italic is added):


  • Acetate flowers using the felt flower tutorials.
  • Use fabric printer. 
  • Update my google reading; whittle down the information I am subscribed to and try to read on a regular basis. 
  • Type up charitable/not for profit project ideas. 
  • Look at free photoshop and adobe CS3 tutorials.
  • Dig SLR camera out and learn about it.
  • Apply for DSLR photography course that runs one evening a week. (I have found a course I like the look of on Monday nights).
  • Make a list of great books I have read.

This is a video we made in Oxford for our friends birthday:


I don't have much else to up date on at the moment, the weather is nice today so I am going to get to the gym first and then get home and do things that need doing in the house and maybe even sit in the garden! 

College starts next week, I am feeling excited and nervous....


No comments: