Friday, 2 September 2011

Something.

Thought of the day:

Most of us make a 'To Do List' but it's equally important to make a 'To Be List'.

The 'To Be List' details the characteristics you intend to express during your 'doing' activities.  Today, I will be . . .

from Innerspace

-------------------

OK I am going to make a to be list as well.

-------------------

I had a wonderful day yesterday, I helped my friend put together her new classroom (she is about to become a primary school teacher for 6 - 7 year olds...) which was fun, and weird to go back in to a school where everything is so small and cute.  We put up colourful letters and fabric and their name tags for their bags and coats (ahhh, so cute!).

As for the name for the blog, I think I thought of one Keep it Simple: Information on how to lead a simpler life with more joy and no stress. Now I have decided on that and sub topics to put on the blog, I need to sign up with a free server etc, so I hope to do this tomorrow.

To do (this is for today and until Sunday)


  • Email new charity about volunteering with them.
  • Reply to emails to friends on face book.
  • Email mum's friend with vitamin info.
  • Set up office space (I managed to buy the stationary I needed for this).
  • Enrol in college (this will have to be on Monday).
  • Design a logo for new blog.
  • Think of project ideas to do with Hope and Lauren.
  • Make the frog video (or get a start on it).
  • Finish luggage project!
  • Continue pattern making with Esther.
  • Today: make bread for dinner tonight (I finally made a list yesterday!).
  • Go to the gym!  

Other things that need to go on my to do list for general future (in italic is added):


  • Research/idea map changing my blog to another server with a new design.
  • Read.
  • Make a dry mix for bread to use as a bread mix. (can't do - am removing!)
  • Acetate flowers using the felt flower tutorials.
  • Use fabric printer. 
  • Update my google reading; whittle down the information I am subscribed to and try to read on a regular basis. 
  • Type up charitable/not for profit project ideas. 
  • Look at free photoshop and adobe CS3 tutorials.
  • Come up with short film ideas to do with Lauren.
  • Dig SLR camera out and learn about it.
  • Apply for photography course that runs one evening a week.
  • Make a list of great books I have read.

I think that's enough to be getting on with!

I ate a hell of a lot yesterday, so for the next 5 days I am going to stick to weightwatchers well and write down my points (must remember to bring a small pad out with me!) of 18 every day as I think I over ate so much that I might put weight on next week, which is something I don't really want!  I don't mind staying the same, but putting weight on is not fun.

Today I am going to make home made bread and vegetable soup for lunch/dinner and have a protein drink too. I also have a dentist appointment this morning to get my teeth cleaned and polished, hopefully getting rid of my tobacco stains (who knew it was so easy!)

Tomorrow I am going to make home made pasta, I am trying to come up with a recipe for gnocchi that is made with sweet potato.  All weekend I am imagining a really relaxing weekend, cooking and making things.

So, my to be list...today I will be taking care of my body my going to the gym and cooking home made healthy food, keeping my soul smiling.

No comments: