Thursday, 8 September 2011

Thought for today:

All too easily, we remember things we'd rather forget, and forget things we really should remember.

Consciously, work out what matters and what doesn't. 
Know 'what to remember' and 'what to forget'. 

Then pay attention to what you choose to replay and revisit in your mind.

So, what will you remember (your aim, focus, goals...)? 
And what will you forget (past hurts, worries, irritations...)?

from Innerspace

-----------------

Good advice....to try and start doing this I used to have a book that I wrote down nice things people said about me and good memories, that way when I was (maybe I should get it out again for when I am feeling down) feeling down I could look in there, as the main reason I would feel down was because of past events, which really I needed to let go of.

You could start your own happiness book.

---------------

Yesterdays dinner was a success, if was very very tasty good.

Recipe for veggie shepherds pie:

Ingredients

1 large carrot, cubed.
1 red onion, cubed.
2 garlic cloves chopped finely.
2 medium leeks roughly chopped.
2 sticks celery chopped.
2 tomatoes.
1 large tin of green lentils or soaked and cooked lentils that makes one large mug.
1 large tin tinned tomatoes.
1 yeast free chicken stock cube (if you are vegetarian then add vegetable one!)
2 large sweet potatoes chopped for boiling into mash.
Salt, pepper and thyme.
Cheese (optional).

Method

Put the sweet potato's on to boil. Fry onions in a little olive oil until see through, add garlic and fry for a further 1 minute.  Add celery, carrot and leek and fry for about 2 -3 minutes.  Add the lentils with juices, fresh tomatoes and tinned tomatoes.  Add the chicken stock cube and add a little water, cook until it is all hot. Add seasonings.

Once the sweet potatoes are soft, mash, add seasoning. Place the vegetables in a oven dish and cover with the sweet potato mash.  If you want cheese add on top and then bake for about 10 - 15 minutes on gas mark 6.

--------------------

I made the pie in the morning, put it in the fridge (in two smaller oven dishes) and then added the cheese before I baked.

Feeds 4 - 6 people (so we have a whole pie left over for tonight!)

To do list continued (and added to)

  • Enrol in college (this will have to be on TODAY!).
  • Think of project ideas to do with Hope and Lauren.
  • Make the frog video (or get a start on it).
  • Finish luggage project!
  • Continue pattern making with Esther.
  • Go to the bank.
  • Find out timetable for college (TODAY!).
  • Put a wash in.
  • Tidy bedroom (give to charity/up-cycle some stuff?).
  • Get a little book to take to the gym to record my running and weight training.
  • Fill book with weight training ideas so I don't get bored (have put one sheet in)!
  • Find a first aid course to do by the end of this year.

I think I am getting stressed out by my to do list!! Ohhh no, it's not meant to happen this way! Still there are more things I need to add:

  • Call mum to update on emails and calls. 
  • Get paperwork ready to take to college.
  • Change bed sheets.
  • Hang washing up.
  • Tidy kitchen.
  • Put washing upstairs from bedroom and do a quick tidy.
  • Floss teeth!

A friend of mine introduced me to the band below (I like):


No comments: