Thursday, 29 September 2011

Recipe for success


Thought for today

Recipe for success: Be polite, prepare yourself for whatever you are asked to do, keep yourself tidy, be cheerful, don’t be envious, be honest with yourself so you will be honest with others, be helpful, interest yourself in your job, don’t pity yourself, be quick to praise, be loyal to your friends, avoid prejudices, be independent, interest yourself in politics, and read the newspapers.

-- Bernard M. Baruch

from Forbes 

I agree with most of the above - although I am not so hot on reading the newspapers, as I think a lot of the articles can be negative and geared towards getting a reaction out of the public instead of simply informing.  

Being polite is important!  I really don't like it when I am out and someone tried to push past without saying they are trying to get past (of course I move if I notice them..) and I wonder if they are shy or scared or simply can't be arsed to be polite?  I will probably wonder for a long time.

-----------------

Wow, well yesterday I actually settled down to start writing the draft for my Psychology essay, it required a bit more complex planning than what I put in, so I did a bit more research and then did an essay plan, so now I have that to work from this evening. 

I spent three hours doing the Psychology work and another hour and a half writing some paragraphs and reading top ten personal statements for inspiration and there is also some on the Student Room here which I found really helpful as they gave me a another view of making my personal statement a bit more personal - lol, I suppose I mean not written only in a formal way.

There was no time to start the draft for Sociology, but I did do an essay plan, so I will try and write some paragraphs for that this evening.   

Last night we had fresh kamut pasta, which we bought at the farmers market with spicy vegetable sauce for dinner and a salad with carrot, red pepper and avocado, it was very nice pasta with a good texture, so I am now thinking of making my own as it can be frozen and this one was rather expensive.

I have put some bread on and started charging my camera battery this morning and there are other tasks that need doing today:

  • Put bed sheets in wash.
  • Get out hanky to blow my nose on (for the purpose of no waste and reuse!).
  • Get to college a bit early and look at my paragraphs for my personal statement again. 
  • Remind my godfather to drop of the camping things I am borrowing. 
  • Renew library books online (otherwise I will have to return them when I am away).
  • Print out changed timetable for college.
  • Print out labels. 

A song that I came across yesterday:

No comments: