Wednesday, 28 September 2011

let the thankful heart sweep through the day

Thought of the day

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!  ~ Henry Ward Beecher


A good quote to remember to be grateful as opposed to always finding something to moan about!

------------

I am already feeling much better today, and I swear it was the chicken soup I made for my late lunch yesterday (as does my godfather who was also feeling poorly)!

Chicken, Vegetable and Pasta Soup.

Ingredients.

Oil
1/2 large white onion, diced.
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
2 large carrots, diced.
3 sticks of celery, diced.
Tin of sweetcorn, drained.
Dried or fresh thyme.
3/4 pints of stock (you can use whichever you like, I used 2 yeast free chicken and 1 ham).
250g pasta shells (or any other kind of pasta, or noodles).
300g chicken, sliced.
Salt and white pepper to taste.

Method.

Put the pasta on to boil, add some salt if you want to the water.

Fry the onions, celery and carrots in a little oil for about 2 minutes, add the garlic and cook for a further minute.  Add about 3 teaspoons of dried/fresh thyme and then the pieces of chicken and stir-fry until all white on the outside, then add the sweet corn and the stock, bring to a simmer (so it is just under a boil).

Once the pasta is done, drain it and add a serving to the bottom of a bowl, and then ladle over the chicken soup. Easy!

This recipe feeds 2 extra hungry people or about 4 medium portions.

I used all organic ingredients where possible, but again, this is up to you.  The soup can be frozen, without the pasta.

For dinner yesterday we ate rather late, we had home made pizza, which was very good, although I think next time we will have to pre-cook the pizza bases a bit.  I will put photos up once I have uploaded them from my camera.

All my little jobs got done yesterday, apart from posting the items - my printer ran out of ink, and by the time I had got home with the cartridges and made lunch it was too late to take them to the post office, so I am hoping to get them ready tonight and post them tomorrow.

We are going camping over the weekend in Wales, so at the moment I have my fingers crossed that the weather stays warm/not rainy and I am also looking forward to the nature, there is even a lake to do fishing in (and you don't need a permit!), hopefully I will take some beautiful photos.

Today I really must get on with my college work! I will do the work that I least want to do first, and that way it is done....

A good website about being eco/green...here.

Here's to having a productive school work day and being grateful for my brain and the fact that I am able to access education.

No comments: