Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Twos Day

Thought for today:

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
Henry Ellis

------------------

Letting go is a hard process, it can be of negative thoughts, old rituals (abusing yourself through criticism after one bad event or drink or drug abuse) of friendships or relationships, and then there is holding onto the useful parts of those processes like realising you have potential to evaluate well without beating yourself or anyone else up.....

I do a mediation to let go of difficult situations and/or feelings that I have n a regular basis and it really helps me to stay calm and not get stuck with anger or worry. 

-----------------

Yesterday I managed to create office space, go to the gym (I ran 3.5 km again!), make the weeks food plan and design the text part of the logo for my new blog...YAY!  I also managed to make sure the recycling was ready to take out for tonight...like a real grown up!

New things to do:


  • Set up office space (I managed to buy the stationary I needed for this).
  • Enrol in college (this will have to be on Thursday).
  • Design a logo for new blog (half done).
  • Think of project ideas to do with Hope and Lauren.
  • Make the frog video (or get a start on it).
  • Finish luggage project!
  • Continue pattern making with Esther.
  • Go to the gym!
  • Make this weeks food plan
  • Go to the bank.
  • Find out timetable for college.
  • Put a wash in.
  • Tidy bedroom (give to charity/up-cycle some stuff?).
  • Get a little book to take to the gym to record my running and weight training.
  • Fill book with weight training ideas so I don't get bored!
  • Find a first aid course to do by the end of this year.

I've had more time to think about what I want to do with my life recently and I am thinking of doing a foundation art course in multimedia next year so I can learn the computer skills I want to have to edit photos and videos....but I suppose I can also try to learn these skills by myself.

No comments: