Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Happiness is always a by-product.

Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular.  But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness. 

~ Robertson Davies

I have been feeling very happy over the last few days and when I am happy I seem to be able to find delight in the smallest things, and nothing gets me stressed, it's lovely.
----------------

Yesterday I had another amazing photography lesson,  I was feeling a bit tired, but once I got into class and started learning I felt much better.  I can't wait to use my new skills on some new photos.  So far I have learnt about aperture (AV= aperture value) - to have it low means that the background in photos will be blurred out with am emphasise on the subject - it gives depth to a photo, a higher aperture will allow for all of the picture to be sharp.  We also learnt about shutter speed (TV = time value) which allows for super quick photos to be taken of sports for s crisp photo or a bit slower to create a blur or to allow more light in. When taking photos with a fast shutter speed it is important to have the subject well lit and set a higher ISO on your camera.

We also learnt about how to change exposure through checking the photos taken and adjusting the exposure according to the graph showing the balance of black and white in the photos - very helpful to take perfect pictures! This can be done in mode P on a canon, if you are unable to get the exposure right you can use M, which you can set all the above on and the exposure will set itself.  This week I would like to try to take some long exposure shots like the ones I posted last week, some very fast shots of people doing sports or something breaking. I was also set some homework, which I may try and shot today as it is still sunny!


This morning I put a wash in and tidied up all the last bits and pieces from camping, and reviewed what I need to get done for college this week;

  • Research and practise run for written exam on Thursday.
  • Print out and re-work my personal statement.
  • Research and start on my Psychology essay; introduction and comparison for the theories.
  • Write up Sociology notes.
  • Write 4 paragraphs for my Sociology essay.
  • Read the rest of the Anthropology work I have to catch up on and the introduction in my book. 
  • Read globalisation information I collected last week; and the paragraph in social sciences book.  
  • Re-read some of my old magazines and see if a library stocks them so I can keep up to date.
  • Find other journals I may be intersted in reading. 
  • Look at my study skills folder and see if I need to start working on anything else.

So today I will reseach and do practise run for Thursday and reseach for my Psychology essay in the library (Brixton, as it has the best books!).

Other things that I need to do this week are:
  • Private/extra reading. 
  • Book talks to go to that are of interest to me.
  • Read my google reader in the morning (I still need to whittle this down).
  • Go to the gym - I plan to go Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat and Sun this week.
  • Pump up bike tyres.
  • Book a doctors appointment.
  • Get bag ready every night before school, so I feel relaxed about it! 

I am sure there is more, put I can't think of it.  Some cool videos that are helping me learn about sociology:
 

No comments: