Monday, 17 October 2011

More better

The early bird catches the worm

Meaning

Success comes to those who prepare well and put in effort.

Origin

This is first recorded in John Ray's A collection of English proverbs 1670, 1678:
"The early bird catcheth the worm."
---------

I changed my routine slightly this morning and had a shower and got ready before I wrote my blog, which I am hoping will make me be a bit early for college this morning and therefore not late like I was last week, hence the early bird catches the worm, I am the bird and the worm is college.

It's not that I have been late a lot, but it's hard to predict how long a bus will take with London traffic, and last week I got the class timing wrong, but that's a whole different story.

Most mornings I find it easy to get up early, but I do know some people who find it extremely hard, or make a massive fuss....oldies and young un's. When I read how to be free, Hodgkinson said that it's good to laze around in the morning and nap until you want, and in some ways I do agree, but then I think I'd never get anything done, or if I did, it would be late....and then there is the dilema of doing what feels right for you and not rushing but offending someone else and not respecting their time. So anyway, the conclusion for the meanwhile is to get ready first, do blog or something else I enjoy second and hopefully not disrespect my teachers and class mates. Reeeeeessppeccccct.


On Friday after school I went to the illustration cupboard to see the danger mouse and mr benn exhibition.  It was lovely and very inspiring, which of course means I now want to be an illustrator (yes, really). 

In particular the illustrations by Maurice Sendak who also had work up in the gallery.  The detail that has gone into the different markings and also the poses and expressions of the illustrations are the best!! 



The rest of the weekend was spent eating and doing school work and going to bed early, an exciting life for me....

On Sunday we went to Brixton farmers market, which is now there every Sunday and bought our veg for the week and some lovely lamb, which Aaron cooked for dinner....it was the tastiest dinner I have had in a long time.  The recipe is here

The salsa verde from the recipe is lovely, tasty, scrummy good.  So good I just made a similar one to put on my brown rice for lunch today (and now have coriander in my porridge).

I also managed to upload the photos from my camera over the weekend, and after long last have some of the pizza and other foods we made, which I would be posting here but the sun is moving further into the sky and the up loader app is not working.





No comments: