Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Reasons to be happy: fixing biscuits.

“Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” 

- Unknown

Reasons for me to be happy today:

  1. I have had a good morning so far; nearly half way done with my sociology essay.
  2. I am going to have coffee with a friend. 
  3. It is sunny and the Autumn leaves look beautiful.
  4. I am looking forward to cooking myself lunch.
  5. I enjoy learning about the subjects I am learning about.
  6. I am going to do some more leisurely reading today.
  7. I am fortunate enough to not have to work at the moment, and am enjoying the freedom.

I know it's so annoying to have happy blogs or even happy facebook updates, so I could go on about how annoyed I am about the building works next door and how they are noisy and detrimental to my concentrating on studies, but I would rather not.  I might as well accept that there is the building works and there is me and if I get really bothered I can put my headphones in and listen to relaxing music or go to the library.

Which, by the way, is something I was surprised at: Battersea library in Clapham Junction is beautiful.  I will take photos of it soon. Sometimes I walk in there and pretend it is my private library in my manor house. 

I made some biscuits yesterday and used my newly acquired alphabet cutters.  There is till some dough left today so I am going to use my robot cutters and make some more....I might even try to buy some chocolate chips to put in them. Wooo.  Hopefully this is the start of the biscuit trails needed for the biscuits that we would like to make for christmas presents this year.  These biscuits are nice, but extremely buttery and apart from that rather plain.

In between studies yesterday I managed to clear out my clothes cupboard and am now the proud owner of one ebay bag for selling, one jumble sale bag (now amongst others in the cellar) and a bag of bits that need fixing or can be used for other projects.  If I muscle up the power today I will sort out my patterns and fabric that have been collected over about 10 years and maybe even get out the sewing machine to do the fixing.

Oh, also as I am trying to stop using extra tissue and kitchen paper towels for the sake of the environment I might try to sew some napkins and such.  

Now I am going to see if I have any chickpeas to soak for din-dins a chickpea and pumpkin curry with delicious salad and brown rice.  I can't wait.


Another video that I came across that combines a wicked tune by Dan Le Sac and Scroobius Pip with stop motion video


No comments: