Friday, 14 October 2011

Selfish: TFIF (thank fingers it's Friday).

“I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction. Yet true happiness comes from a sense of peace and contentment, which in turn must be achieved through the cultiv

  Dalai Lama quotes

----------
I think I am very good at being selfish, and I expect a lot from others and myself.  I find it hard to see through my own needs and selfishness sometimes, I end up feeling  embarrassed at my disregard for other peoples feelings.

Woooo, it's Friday, and that means that it's time for weekend fun time.

If money was no object and I didn't have three essays to hand in over the next two weeks and a lot of research to do for them, I would (and in all honestly will probably fit in some of these):  

Love to try this ethical restaurant - the clerkenwell kitchen . (ethical in the sense that it is supporting sustainable food production, fairtrade, and traditional farming methods).

Go and have a laugh with these guys, who have a great write up in timeout:





I'm actually going to: Dealing with toxic people by Innerspace, I hope this week is as good as last week...or if possible, better.

I would also go and see art at the museum of everything exhibition no.4 in Selfridges. 
  
Do some sewing, specifically something Vivienne Westwood-esque, there is one idea here, a good article here and a helpful copy techniques video here. I would like to make this dress:



And I would go and admire cool photos at the serpentine gallery garden weekend show. 

Take some fantastic photos at the Diwali fesitival of lights show at Trafalgar Square.

and last but not least visit mind over matter exhibit.

No comments: