Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Stress ding-a-ling

Stress is not what happens to us. It's our response TO what happens. And RESPONSE is something we can choose.

Maureen Killoran  

Man, am I having a case of the blues today.  It feels like I have gone 360 back round to how I was feeling this time last year (which was BAD!!).  And the only thing that helped me then was having the support of good friends and AA.

I was meant to be doing studying and various other things today, but I really don't see myself going out of the house.  So I think I will try to have a relaxing day looking after myself.  I think I'll have a bath, put on a face mask, pluck my eyebrows and then do my hair in a nice 50's style.  I've been looking on youtube for tutorials, I am glad to find loads more than there was 2 years ago (when I was very much inspired by and a collector of vintage clothes and style).  My favourite (this is the first video of two):




To try and cheer myself up I also made some playlists on spotify....a jazz one and a 50's one.  Some of the songs from the 50's one are below:

 




No comments: