Saturday, 26 November 2011

Sharing is caring

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
 
C. S. Lewis
 

A lovely quote from C. S. Lewis - one of my favourite childhood authors. I think the originality that everybody searches for (including myself)is detrimental to our health.  Being yourself could just be enough to be different. 

I had a wonderful day yesterday.  I was meant to get up and study.  Instead I got up and went to Balham to the health food shop.  Had a coffee.  And then, went to the pensioners sale in the church.  It was amazing.  I got a new winter coat for £1.  And it was all for a good cause, as the pensioners group at the church recently lost a grant and the sale was in aid of raising money.  I also managed to get some amazing silk scarves for 10p each.  I also gave them an extra £4 as everything was so extraordinarily cheap.  

I started reading when I got home, and we ate a lovely vegetarian lunch and dinner.  Yum. We made a amazing coriander chutney to go on the side, which is pretty much touch and go.  You can add whichever ingredients you want.  We based our recipe on this, however we omitted the sugar and added ginger. 

Today I've done yoga, and  half a hour of mindfulness meditation.  Now I am going to study all morning before going to the farmers market.

I might even try to make this origami hummingbird.


 

No comments: