Saturday, 19 November 2011

Such a beautiful mornin

All major religious traditions carry basically the same message, that is love, compassion and forgiveness the important thing is they should be part of our daily lives.
 
Dalai Lama

A lovely quote!! I got some of my essay results back this week, and they are lower than I expected, however, in a way, I expected this!!  I think I already got a big head from teachers being impressed with my work early on.  So now I don't put as much effort as I should in.  The first thing I am going to do: not break down.  I have to forgive myself for sometimes getting a big head. Second: review my studying timetable and techniques. Three: plan this next week or two for some intensive studying.

I think I know where I am going wrong, I am not doing enough independent reading on the specific subjects.  I am reading: news, other blogs, other books, but, not the big textbooks.  Also until this week I didn't really know how to take notes properly, so hopefully that skill will now help me.

OK...now I have a little plan for my studying, I feel a bit better. 

Last night we went for dinner at Byron.  They are an American dinner style burger bar.  The food was OK, the meat inside the burger wasn't THE BEST quality and the buns were definitely not good quality.  However, the side dishes where extremely delicious.  My favourite was the courgette fries.  Yum, yum, yum yum, yum, yum, yum!  I found a similar recipe here. I will definetly be making these at home.

Not sure if I have anything else to update on at the moment...I got another call from the doctors and should know by next week when my counsilling starts.

That's it, I got to go and collect my Panamanian from the train station. WOoooo.

No comments: