Tuesday, 22 November 2011

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.”

Thomas Huxley (1825 – 95) 

Two reasons why is quote is cool:

1. My godfathers dog is called Huxley and love him, he's so cute and cuddley. 

2. Usually anything I find out about, I want to know more about. This makes it hard for me as a student as I seem to want to learn everything all at once.

On Sunday before we went to the market I made scones and (English style)tea for Angie, which she had never had before. Then we took Angie to Brixton market and to Franco Manca pizza restaurant, which is hands down the best pizza.  I love it!! And so do timeout (review here).  Whilst we were in Brixton we did our weekly shop, and got some food that Angie hadn't eaten before like English sausages, cheese, and bread. 

When we got home we watched the 1990 Lord of the Flies, which was OK. And then we watched part of An Inconvenient Truth, which I hope we'll watch the end of today. Of course An Inconvenient Truth appealed to me because it is a factually based documentary about climate change.  For dinner Aaron made sausages, mash and cabbage with gravy.  It was really lovely and a first for Angie!

Yesterday I had a long day at college, but I managed to get some research done for Cambridge. I also spoke to the advisor, who was really helpful and friendly and helped me with some extra research.  And, I also managed to make an essay plan for the unit 2  sociology essay, which has made the next month look a lot  more manageable.

I haven't managed to do yoga for the last three mornings, so I am going to do some now.  Then I am going to take some notes for my sociology essay.  Later we're going to take Angie to Wimbledon common....I am looking forward to it, so I can take some photos.

A jazz song sent to me by a friend, which I LOVE: 

No comments: