Monday, 14 November 2011

WoooooooHooooo

“Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.”
  
Winnie the Pooh quotes.
I'm back!! After having two weeks off. Which there are two reasons for, one is that I started to feel a bit down so I started doing an hour of Kundalini yoga every morning to try and balance my emotions a bit, and keep me calm.  And two is that I have been super busy at college, so decided to dedicate my time to study instead.

I have been doing some other bits and pieces over the two weeks....which I will update on soon.

As I was feeling down, I also went to see the doctor and now am in the process of being referred to a therapist to do cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) along with general counselling, that way I should be able to improve my mindset (i.e living in the moment and thinking positively) and target underlying problems. 

Some great things that have happened in the last 2 weeks; I got an interview for Cambridge - I applied for PPS (Politics, Psychology and Sociology.  I also went to two open days as SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies, where I had a fantastic time sitting in on two lectures and then discussing and questioning the content, it really gave me an experience of what Uni will be like, and I really liked it!! Whilst I was there a student rally was running, regarding Uni fees and the atmosphere was deeply touching, strong and made me feel hopeful.

That's all for today - I have signed up to do Philosophy on Monday's too, so that I can learn the basics and apply it to some of my work...I am hoping it won't be too much work load, only time will tell! So I have to get my bag ready and make sure I am in early.

A cool song a found yesterday, that reminds me of my childhood:





No comments: