Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Acceptance

Acceptance of one's life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices.

Paul Tournier


I'm having to accept that I didn't wake up to my alarm and am now running 4 hours later than I expected today.  I'm trying not to freak out or get angry, but, to just accept what happened and build the rest of the day around the late awakening.  Acceptance is one part of life, and I think without it I would be an angry, stressed person.  Steve Pavlina has more to say on how acceptance is a major part of self discipline here.  


I had a lovely day yesterday, out with my family and in particular my brother, who only gets to visit London 2 - 3 times a year.  And I managed to get some small Christmas treats for Aaron.  A friend came over for dinner and we started to talk about and look for places to do volunteering - particularly in soup kitchens.  I got about half way through my research, but, hopefully we will be volunteering on the days between Christmas and New Years Eve.  I found another position which is once a month on Sunday mornings, which I might take up with The Food Chain.  

I'm having a bit of a hard time meditating at the moment, as I can't seem to lift any particular feelings.  I am hoping that if I do yoga before I go to bed I will find this easier tonight.  

I am very much looking forward to next year, and feel excited about the way I want to live my life and trying to follow through with small steps. 



No comments: