Thursday, 15 December 2011

Bing!

Don't follow your dreams; chase them. 
 
-
Richard Dumb 

I haven't posted for a while.  I had so many plans of articles that I wanted to post, but I never got round to it! Hey ho.

My friend posted a link on facebook titled Inspiration and Chai - regrets of the dying by Bronnie Ware.  I immediatly clicked the link. A project that has always been in the back of my mind was to interview the dying and see what advice they could hail for the young.  Not only do I think this is a great project, but, I think we can all learn a lot from the dying.  Here is a short list: 
  
1. Wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself and not the life others expected of me.  

2.I wish I didn't work so hard. (This is one I keep on mentioning to Aaron, so we can go travelling). 

3.I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

I think the last one on the list is my favourite.  The term "let myself" I think proves that happiness is a state of mind and application of your personal will.  I think we've all met that one person, who was the happiest person we've ever met, and they weren't dressed in Gucci living in a house and rich.  


So, if happiness is a state of mind, how can it be improved?  My personal way is through exercise, yoga, meditation and healthy eating.  Then I think the rest of the list can be honoured.  Dharma seed is a great source to start learning about active and guided meditation. At Innerspace there is free meditation courses and weekly meetings.


This is my last week at college and then I have three weeks off, and three essays to do!  I am hoping that I can do two essays in draft this week and spend a lot of time reading during my time off.


Here's a funny video to watch before the day begins:

No comments: