Saturday, 17 December 2011

Change

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

Charles Darwin
  
Ahhh, Darwin, I think I love you.  Interestingly enough, when having discussions with others regarding fairness (i.e spread of wealth) and those in charge of government.  Many people bring up Darwin's argument of "survival of the fittest" and now I have this counter argument.   Maybe those advising the media and government won't be so accustomed to change themselves and find any transition into true democracy too hard to handle.

Came across another good poem about politics posted on a friends wall:


There are some cool links at the end of the video for alternative news and where one can "get active":








Today I'm going to plan which books I will read over my three weeks off.  I am thinking of reading Origin of Species (again), a book about Karl Marx, some philosophy and of course the reading I need to do for my essays.

A cheery song for the day:

No comments: