Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Give Thanks

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.

Brian Tracy

I had a really nice day yesterday.  I managed to get down to the gym, see a friend and do a little bit of reading.  Today I'm going out to take some photo's and get one or two small gifts for Christmas.  Although I'll probably get to the shops and then convince myself to  buy in the Christmas sales.

There are now 28 "likes" and 10 "talking about" the Finding Happiness page, which is really another link for this blog.  I am very grateful for the this.  I have been feeling a little bit sorry for myself over the past few days, as I am so used to having a salary to buy whatever I want over Christmas!  I thought I would do a quick gratuity list.  And also email a company about volunteering over my time off. OK, 10 things I am grateful for.

  1. A fully working mind.
  2. A body that is flexible and strong.
  3. A wonderful mother who lets me live at home rent free (well for the moment anyway).
  4. A supportive boyfriend and friends.
  5. Living in a city where I have a massive choice of what I can do on a day out.
  6. Access to free medical care and
  7. Access to alternative therapy.
  8. Farmers markets to buy food.
  9. Functioning eyes and ears.
  10. Access to clean water.

Now I am smiling.  I'm planning to do a little more study this morning before I go out, and get to the gym this evening, and then do some more reading, highlighting and note taking. 

I've started thinking about New Year resolutions too.

No comments: