Thursday, 19 January 2012

Crafty. Gossip

Ah, well, the truth is always one thing, but in a way it's the other thing, the gossip, that counts. It shows where people's hearts lie.
 
Paul Scott 

A good thing not to practice - gossip!!  I don't know one single person that hasn't been hurt by gossip and I am also sure that most people would say that they don't (or didn't) want to purposely hurt anyone.  Therefore, gossip should be kept to a minimum, or not at all.  It might seem like a random way to start this blog, but I feel it helps me keep on track of practices I want in my life (plus it was mentioned in an email I got this morning!). 

I have done a mighty job of procrastinating and giving in to "all is lost" feelings the last two days. But, I forced myself to listen to some Buddhist talks about compassion, did some yoga and tried to eat healthily.  I also finally managed to get an appointment with the psychologist/NLP practitioner at my local GP - it has taken about 3 months, but couldn't have come at a better time.  I am excited because I will be able to talk to someone impartial about some of the depression and other difficulties I have. 

On another exciting note, we have moved our bedroom around and are starting to organise new furniture in order to have a place for both mine and Aaron's belongings.   Hopefully this will help me become a tidier person and make our bedroom a peaceful room to rest in. 

Also, we have started clearing out the cellar so we (my mum, Aaron and I) can start to use it as a hobby/craft room.  It will be an on going project as electric sockets need to be put in, painting needs to be completed and a lot of stuff has to go to boot-fairs/auctions.  This is not only great progress because we will have creative space - but means we are learning to work in a team and communicate with each other.  Which is a part of my mothers and my relationship needs improving. 

Here is to a wonderful day. 
  

No comments: