Friday, 13 January 2012

Go Oprah. It's your birthday!

"If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough."

Oprah Winfrey

I really like this quote, apart from the fact that it's Oprah!  I don't know why but it seems that the quote doesn't seem so legitimate.  I suppose it is because Oprah is on TV and she may have been scripted the above quote...and therefore it doesn't belong to her.  But I guess none of the quotes I post belong to me either.

I am extremely happy to say that I received a distinction in the unit I got back at college for my study skills class yesterday!  I have now been set a research assignment for which I have to produce a paper and give a presentation.  The ideas that I have come up with so far are obvious for me (consumerism, capitalism, waste, recycling)so I am going to try and come up with other ideas that will be surprising topics or have twists that I can present to my class in order to not come across as repetitive with my ideas.

It is Aaron's birthday today, so I am going to make a card to take to him with his breakfast in bed...I think I'll try to find a picture of a girl with a bike.


No comments: