Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Letting Go

By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try, the world is beyond the winning.

~ Lao Tzu
I still seem to be having a problem getting my school work done.  I think it is because I am still overly worrying about the outcome of the essay rather than putting my knowledge into it.  I know that I can't control how my work gets marked and what grades I get.  I know that if someone from a developing country had this same opportunity as me, they would most likely put their heart and soul into reading the articles, chapters and doing the research to write the essay. 
The ultimate truth is that even if I do well on this essay, there is no knowing if I will pass the rest of my course or get into my Uni of choice.  I think I need to re-draft my essay to be written with a subject I am interested in, in order to have passion about writing it, instead of just trying to put generic information in to get a good mark.
On another note, I did some yoga this morning and listened a a good meditation which gave me good insight on how to try and let go.   It is to not have any expectations.  This is something I definitely need to do more work on, but, I can see how it releases one from disappointment.  As without pressuring myself to meet my expectations, which in reality I have no control over.   Even if I do get into every Uni I have applied for and get the marks needed, I may change my mind.

Today I will be happy that I am learning and trying to show my knowledge through writing.

No comments: