Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Been busy in the bedroom!!

“In separateness lies the world's greatest misery; in compassion lies the world's true strength.”
 
- Siddhārtha Gautama

Um, yes, after my counselling session yesterday I realised two things (with the help of my counsellor of course).  (1) I need to practise more compassion. MORE.  I already try to let every one on the bus before me, with joy, and I sometimes do a compassion meditation where I cut flowers from my garden and give them to everyone knowing that they will re-grow (and even give them to people I thought I hated).  But I tend to have less compassion for those I am around a lot - i.e. Aaron and my mum. There are loads of good suggestions here.  And (2) I need to value myself enough to do the things I want to do i.e. getting up and doing compassion practise, or being a clean and tidy person. There are loads of articles online about this, but I only found a couple that really ring true for me - such as this one. So - compassion for others and compassion for myself will be the flavour of the week.

I have FINALLY finished my college work! YAY!  And I got a merit in my last assignment.  Which, considering the work I put in, is very pleasing.

We have also been actually making changes to our bedroom:

Cool partitioned cabinet we got at the boot sale for £10

Our new collection of frames with old maps, thesaurus entry for "sex", a page from Alice in Wonderland etc.

Greenery in the bedroom - with upcycled fruit basket and heavy duty garden sack!

I am so happy to have an orchid plant...all that I need to do now is look after it! 

Also - I have an interview for a summer job on Friday morning, so all-in-all things seem like they are moving in the right direction.


No comments: