Thursday, 28 June 2012

New day: new DIY - Skin Drink Recipe

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.”
 
― Plato

There's my compassion quote for the day.

This morning I am going to make some more DIY Angels on Bare Skin - with added ground almonds.   And as my skin is getting red, angry and dry I need to make a face lotion.  My favourite is another lush product: Skin Drink, for which the ingredients are:  

Water, Fair Trade Organic Sesame Oil, Fresh Rose Petal Infusion, Fresh Organic Avocado, Almond Oil, Propylene Glycol, Cocoa Butter, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera Extract, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Evening Primrose Oil, Neroli Oil, Rose Absolute, Triethanolamine, *Geraniol, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Out of these I have: water, almond oil, glycol (or glycerine), cocoa butter, organic aloe vera gel, evening primrose oil and rose absolute.

I also have orange blossom water which I think I will use in place of neroli oil.

And I would like to add a bit of jojoba and vitamin e oil to make the cream rich - which will probably make up for the lack of avocado and sesame oil.

OK, so now, by looking at other recipes by Hello Giggles and their tutorial.  I think I am going to do:

DIY Skin Drink

Water part
1/2 cup distilled water
1 tsp boiled orange blossom water
1 tbls aloe vera gel 
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp of glycerine

I omitted the 1/4 tsp desert salt for glycerine instead)

Base/carrier oil part
2 & 1/2 tbls almond oil
2 & 1/2 tbls jojoba oil
2 tbls coconut butter
1 tsp vitamin e oil
capsule of evening primrose oil

Essential oils
8 drops Chamomile Oil
4 drops Rose oil

Method:
 
In a clean and dry pan melt all of the oils together, set them aside in a blender or a bowl that can be used with a hand blender.

In another clean and dry pan add the distilled water, orange blossom water, aloe vera gel, honey and glycerine together and heat and mix until combined.

The oil base will be soft and opaque when ready to mix with the water based part.

When ready, slowly blend/combine both parts together and then add any essential oils that you would like.

Notes:

I choose chamomile for my skin as it gets red and irritated easily - you can find the best for your skin by typing "best essential oils for "x" skin" into google.  I would recommend tea tree oil for spot prone skin.

OK - now I am off to do this.

I will update and let you know any changes to the recipe/explosions!

 

  

1 comment:

Katie M R Pitts said...

hasn't worked so well...going to separate it in the fridge again and then try to blend :)