Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Organization

If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.
 
Confucius 

Seeing as I have nearly passed my course and I am living a rather low impact life, I think it is time to set some new goals. 

Usually my goals revolve around weight loss, career and relationships (and probably others).  Seeing as I have the 'big day' in September, I would like to lose a bit of weight, but at the same time I don't want to put so much pressure on myself and not enjoy the day if I haven't lost the amount I had planned (which is always ridiculous anyway! note: I was researching how to loose 60lbs in 3 months!).  Then I read this post on Rock N Roll bride - which, by the way is a good source of inspiration if you want different wedding ideas.

So, now I face listening to advice saying that you have to set goals if you want to lose weight or listening to advise that I should accept myself the way I am.  Well, I am still learning to accept myself the way I am, but, I am not a healthy weight, so some weight lose would be good.  Also as I enjoy doing weights so (no they DON'T make you bulky) weighing myself and judging my hard work that way doesn't always work because a 1 lb of muscle is way smaller than a 1 lb of fat (good picture illustrating this here).  

Instead I am going to commit to doing exercise 6 days a week - with at least 4 days of weightlifting.  Try to eat less sugar and processed foods - which I eat very little of anyway.  And, face my emotional issues around food.  Most of the reason I don't lose weight is because I eat when I am upset, angry, bored, happy, with others etc.  Seeing as I like being in-sync with my body, I should really be in sync with its needs too...but I nearly always over eat or eat when I am not hungry  - for what seems to be no reason.   Anyway the point is I need to start dealing with my emotional eating before it eats me up! I read some articles, but I think this one is the best for ideas.  Weight management goals:

1. Stop emotional eating (call a friend, do some sewing, take some photos, do not take the first compulsive bite).

2. Drink a glass or two of water before eating so feeling fuller quicker stops me from stuffing my face.

3. Eat more raw and less processed foods. 

4. Commit to my gym routine.  

I also need to organize my bedroom and home office so I can find bits easily and stop driving my mum and Aaron crazy with my mess...My biggest problems are my book collection, my dirty washing and my paperwork.  Although I recently organized my paperwork and try to look at my 'to do' folder every week, still, things don't get done and recently an amazon prime account (I signed up for free) payment went through for a years subscription because I didn't check my diary and folder!!  This is generally to do with routine and general organization.  So, I think I have several things to do:

1. Clear out my clothes drawers again and commit to a boot sale to get rid of clothes that can not be re-purposed (get a box to put clothes I want to re-purpose in).

2. Buy the wine crates needed to build shelving in our bedroom and build them, and then organize books by color).

3. Have an in tray on my office desk and make checking my emails, facebook, blog and inbox a part of my morning routine.

4.  Put clothes away at night or the morning after!!  

I also need to think about getting a job over the summer as we need money for the wedding (which IS going to be low cost) and to put some away for whilst I am at Uni).  I applied for 2 jobs on Monday, and would like to aim for at least 

1. One thorough and well thought out job or internship application a day.

And last but not least I want to have themed days on the blog.  For example:

Design/Making Day
Recipe Day
Photography & Illustation/Art Day
Body & Mind Health Day
Organization/Goal Day.

Today is obviously organization day.  

Haha, now I actually have to stick to what I am meant to do and clear up my clothes!! (boring). 
 

 

No comments: