Friday, 6 July 2012

Low Fat Wholemeal Banana (Ba na na na na na na) Bread

"The one thing you can't take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one's freedoms is to choose ones attitude in any given circumstance."
 
~Viktor Frankl

It is very easy to blame things on other people - if only "x" had come earlier I wouldn't have felt so tired...etc.  I am sure you get the point!  If you take control of your own feelings about something e.g. yes "x" did come over later then usual, but I am going to ask them to leave at a reasonable time today so I don't get tired or actually I was having loads of fun which is the real reason why I didn't go to bed early seems to be a more optimistic and positive way of taking charge of your own feelings (well for me anyway!)

I'm trying really hard to try to stick to this approach now, as with the ceremony slowly creeping up, there a lot of people with ideas, wants, needs for the day etc.  I have also started going to hot bikram yoga, but have been getting terrible headaches afterwards - although headaches are not that unusual for me, I usually get them less when I am doing exercise and eating well.  Puzzled....hopefully it is my body detoxing and will pass.

ALSO!! Esther and I managed to go to a massive fabric warehouse yesterday and found amazing laces and silks to make my dress(es) out of!! But, we only bought some practise fabric to make the mock out of...exciting!! 

Onto the recipe.

Modified from this one.

Wholemeal Low-fat Banana Bread

Ingredients (to make 2 massive loaves)


7 mashed bananas (some bits can be in bigger chunks)

4 cups wholemeal flour

2 cups sugar or sweet alternative

1 cup crushed (by hand) walnuts

1 tsp salt 

1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup softened butter 

4 large eggs

2/3 non-fat plain bio yoghurt

1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Cooking spray/spray oil

Method

Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add the flour in 3 batches thoroughly mixing in between.  Add the baking soda and salt and mix.

Add an egg at a time to the mixture, beating well.  Add the mashed bananas and mix well and lastly add the yoghurt, walnuts and vanilla essence.

Pour/spoon the mixture into two oiled bread pans or ceramic dishes. (Lick the bowl clean if you want).

Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour.  Check with a skewer and if it comes out of the loaf dry - then it is ready.  Leave on the side to cool. 

You can add icing to banana bread...but I prefer this one without.



ENJOY!

No comments: